Walking Holidays in Derbyshire and Dorset (1970s) - Part One

During the 1970s Eddie started to organise walking holidays for students. In addition to the holidays in Derbyshire and Dorset, Eddie took students to Rhineland and Switzerland on several occasions.

Fortunately, Eddie took quite a lot of photos on these holidays so we'll be featuring them over a series of posts. If recognise yourself in any of these photos or can provide any further detail about these holidays, please do post a comment below or email us at eddiesphotos@icloud.com 

















Comments

  1. Wow !! Really Good trip down memory lane. Thanks Mr Ross for putting these photos out there. Mike Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its only taken me two years to find these photo's, and I am actually in two of them. I'm the one looking at the map, with Neil Harris. Neil and I went through both primary and secondary school together. From what I remember, we were staying at a youth hostel in Hartington, and went out from there. Most of the trip is a blank now, but two things I do remember. The musical sound track to the trip was "Hotel California" LP, by The Eagles. [Neil had it on tape], and the man in charge of the Youth Hostel, allowed us to watch the highlights of Liverpool's Ist leg of their European Cup semi final against a team from Switzerland. Fond memories of Eddie Ross while I was at The Gilberd, although he never taught me. Languages were not my forte. Stewart Beard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts