Farewell to North Hill - 6th July 1985

I’m very pleased to be able to share with everyone a few more Gilberd photos taken by Steve Turner. Steve’s sister, Carolyn Donnelly, contacted me again to say that she had found some colour images which looked to have been taken at a school reunion.

A couple of the photos are very similar to one taken at a ‘Farewell to North Hill’ event that appeared in Eddie and Steve’s book, so I think we can be confident that they document this occasion.

This gathering of former teachers and staff took place on the 6th July 1985. The photos are really just snaps and Eddie couldn’t identify any of the people that do appear. If you recognise anyone please drop us a line and let us know at eddiesphotos@icloud.com 

My thanks again to Carolyn for sharing these photos and preserving another little piece of school history.
















Comments

  1. I have recognised myself on one of your photos at the 1985 Farewell to North Hill event by the steps of the main entrance. I am the girl on the right in the purple dress. I am with Sue (nee) Chisnall. I wonder if the girl with her back to the camera is Isabel (nee) Morrison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found myself, Neil Goodman in photo 9 (white shirt top of steps to tennis courts). Mum, Patricia Goodman, nee Rowland, also present in turquoise dress. Mum transferred to Gilberd when is was part of the Technical College. Transferring over from the Institute in Lexden, I believe. Beaky Howells (Geography) and Mr Rouse (History) taught both of us. Believe Mrs Smith also taught Mum typing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found myself, Neil Goodman, in photos 8 & 9 - white shirt/blue trousers. My sister, Tracy, has her back to photographer. Also in turquoise dress is my mother, Patricia (nee Rowland). Mum transferred in from the Lexden Technical College. Tracy & I attended the 1974 and 1972 intakes respectively. All of us were taught by Beaky Howells (Geography) and Mr Rouse (History). Mrs Smith taught Mum typing skills and my sister, needlework

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts